Friday, June 26, 2009

A day off

I took the day off today to go to a craft show... a sort of busman's holiday. It was fun although brutally hot. It was a first time show, which are usually not the best, but I was impressed with the quality of work exhibited. It was at the Reinassance Center in Dickson, TN... which is, by the way, a wonderful place. The center offers classes that range from performing arts, to visual arts of all kinds, to computer classes, and much, much more. They have a planetarium, a gallery with changing exhibits, theater productions and even a dinner theatre.

There were artists from a wide area... even a few I have done shows with before. They were all very brave to face that kind of heat. I used to do many outdoor shows, but simply can't endure that kind of heat anymore. After an hour and a half of walking around in 95 degree heat I was absolutely drained. I feel for the artist as it is a 3 day show!

After the show my friends and I had lunch at a cute "girlie" restaurant, The Front Porch, that had a wonderful bread basket and a daily lunch special. I opted for the Cobb Salad, which was delish, and lots of iced tea.

It was a nice day out, but back to work tomorrow.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment